Last Updated and Effective as of:February 16th 2021
Eligibility for Our Service
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records. If you believe we have any information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact us.
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including but not limited to, your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, and, in some cases, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may collect any content you submit to the application or Site, including podcast recordings, and information contained in the submission or which can be extracted from the content, such as transcriptions of the podcasts.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
We may collect your information from various sources, such as when you:
- record and upload content on our Services;
- fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- provide information to us through a social networks, third-party applications, services or websites;
- communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- participate in online surveys;
- participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- participate in forums or provide User-generated content or submissions.
The types of information that we collect when you use our Services may include, without limitation:
- Location Information. When you use the Services we may collect your precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Device Information. When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Call and SMS Data. In connection with providing the Service, we may receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Files, Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers. We gather
certain information automatically and store it in log files. This
information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type,
internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system,
date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically
collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do
this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or
site functionality, and to document your consent to receiving products,
services or communications from us or our partners. If we link such
information with personally identifiable information in a manner that
identifies a particular individual, then we will treat all such information
At the time, our system does not currently respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from browsers.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example if you choose to link, create, or log in to your Zencastr account with a payment provider e.g., Google Wallet or social media service e.g., Facebook, or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API, or whose API we use, we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app. Additionally, if you are invited to use the Services as a guest, the party inviting you will provide certain information, including your email address, to Zencastr so that Zencastr can provide the Services to you.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect in order to:
- Provide Users with the Services (including podcast recording and transcriptions).
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and provide you with information you may request.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations.
- Resolve problems and disputes and engage in other legal and security matters.
- Maintain a record of Users’ transactions using the Services.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Zencastr and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws.
- Display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your location, as well as your Zencastr activities.
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Publicly Available Information
Any information that you submit by posting publicly to our Services will be available to Users, including members of the general public.
Information You May Share on the Services
You may also use the Services to share information with another User directly, e.g., by recording a podcast with another User or making a podcast available to a certain group of Users, and you may have the ability to connect to third-party services, such as social media or other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, as discussed further below. Zencastr cannot control how other Users may use or disclose the personal information that you share with them.
Information We May Share on the Services
We may disclose Your Information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, has been authorized by you to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of payment processing, data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services' maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to use Your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep Your Information confidential;
- As permitted by applicable law, to third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest, and we may be compensated for such disclosure;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights or the safety of Zencastr or others; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Links to Third-Party Websites
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debit on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting Your Information.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Zencastr offers its Users the following rights, which may be exercised by contacting us through the contact information set forth below:
Access and Correct Your Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we have collected about you, and you have the right to update or correct that information as permitted by applicable law.
Delete Your Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. Please note that we may be permitted to keep certain personal information in accordance with applicable law, e.g., maintaining records of purchases for tax purposes or to provide the Services.
Opt Out of Promotional Information
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California legislation permits consumers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: [email protected].
If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Zencastr is based in the State of Utah in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. We have taken steps to ensure that all international transfers of personal information are compliant with applicable law.